Here are the particulars of the new Firmware Update from Epson for the SureColor F2000.
The purpose of the CL003G6 firmware update is so Epson SureColor F2000 customer can make more informed decisions about the environment (temp) they operate in and how they start-up their printer(s) to begin printing.
The firmware update (applied with LFP Remote Panel 2) for the SureColor F2000 does the following:
1. It adds timer indication to the control panel
a. Example: Morning ink recirculation will now show (min:sec) instead of percentage complete
2. It adds a 6 hour Count Down Indicator (Hours and Minutes) to the LCD panel for the routine Preventative Cleaning. Six hours is active printing time (printhead jetting ink) not clock hours.
3. It adds an Indicator (not shown) to the Control Panel when the printer is being operated in HOT conditions
When “Hot” is indicated Preventative Cleaning shortens to every 1 hour versus 6.
Expectations is this is around 82F, but can vary as it is the ambient temp around the printhead that is measured and humidity has an impact.
4. It adds a “Preventative Clean” option to the maintenance menu that resets the timer to the full 6 hours (or 1 if hot)
Example of how this all makes sense:
Condition: In the morning my Preventative Cleaning Timer shows 00H45M which is 45 minutes remaining
- If I have a lot of production for the day = do Preventative Cleaning (not normal light cleaning)
- If I just need to print 4-5 shirts = do normal light cleanings and do Preventative Cleaning tomorrow
- If HOT is showing either don’t print, turn on the AC or run understanding Preventative Cleaning will occur every 1 hr
As stated at the front, it is about making informed decisions on what type of cleaning to start with given the time remaining.
- That decision is based on the amount of print time needed for that day.
- In a given 8 hour shift It is highly probable that there is not 6 hours of actual printhead jetting time.
- It will vary by customers. A true high production customer may just opt to leave Power-on cleaning on, which resets the timer.